Thursday, March 01, 2007

Automata Theory

Excerpt from the book " The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari "

"I thought that, ultimately, life is all about
choices. One's destiny unfolds according to the choices one makes,
and I felt certain that the choice I had made was the right one. I
knew my life would never be the same and that something marvellous,
maybe even miraculous, was about to happen to me. It was an
amazing awakening."



People who have done engineering in the field of computers(dabbas) might have studied "Automata Theory" in one or the other semester during their course.

I find a stark resemblance between the subject and my life.It is generally believed that everything in our life is pre-decided by almighty and comes written in our destiny.

However , no one can offer any proof for this except for people who have worked really hard to achieve something in life, have left no stone unturned and have the right mix of qualties needed to achieve a goal.Infact, even they cannot prove that it is destined .Finding no other reason for failures and blaming everything on destiny gives some respite to the battered souls.
As they say "waqt se pehle aur kismat se zyaada kisiko kuch nahi milta".Well,this famous line has always brought a smile on my face during bad times cos it makes me feel that there is someone else responsible for my state of affairs and not me ;-)

Coming back to automata theory; I remember studying finite state machines(FSM) where in input at one state used to decide what the next state would be for the machine.
At any particular state there could be more than one states which the machine could switch to depending on the inputs provided.

I feel the same could be the thing with the lives of us humans as well. There are many times when one has to choose one option from a given set of choices(all equally lucrative/important).Well,digressing a bit I will like to state that in one of my last blogs I had stated that God would never put one in a dilemma which is difficult to escape.My opinion on this has changed a bit as he seems to be putting me to tougher and more interesting tests day after day.First he put me in dilemma and helped me escape from it.Now, he puts me in dilemmas and asks me to decide myself. :)

Coming back to where I was,I think choosing one thing or taking a decision determines one's next state/stage in life and hence these states shape's one life.And God also has flexible plans(Agar state A par gaye to aage ye hoga aur agar state B par gaye to kuch aur)
But then I wonder y did he not make it simple.Y more than one states at a time???

May be this is what brings regrets(wo kiya hota to aaj yahan na hoti...) or satisfaction(thank god I dint opt for that!!!)

Well, no one knows how it all goes but still it is a good hypothesis.what say???

3 comments:

@nkur said...

Very true, as discussed yesterday...duh...why put a unplanned decision point!

Nitin Nigam said...

That was a very good one. I too have experienced that life keeps putting questions that have more than one correct answers. No matter what you choose, later you will think that the other answer could have fetched more. So my experience says, you should choose the answer that is according to your principles and gives you happiness. Being politically correct is sometimes unrewarding.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]myriad-illusions.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. Here is a fact for you. Research presents that almost 50% of all U.S. grownups are either fat or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.