Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Time Off

I could not feel the beauty around me,
May be I was walking very fast or perhaps it did not appeal to me.

I halted to unravel the mystery and rested in nature’s fold,
This place was serene and it touched me to the core.

I stood perplexed thinking “Is it me or the surroundings that have changed”!

Glancing hesitantly at my watch I checked if I could spend some more time at this place,
I was astonished to find that here with me, even time had slowed down its pace.

“I have been running continuously for ages”, seeing my bewilderment, it confessed,
I feel a little tired now and need some “Time” to rest!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice composition!

Dreamcatcher said...

Amazing Poem....
Simple in its wordings...very genuine in its thought!! Its the most perfect thing one could have written during the MBA break!!